‘Tis the season to be jolly, to show peace and love towards your fellow man and, of course, to join the holiday rush and work to get that special present for that special someone. Don’t allow high expenses to dampen your holiday spirit.
WA Today provided some tips to help you save this holiday season.
- Knowledge is power. Use online sources to keep up to date on good deals. Facebook groups, email newsletters, and deal alert sites can all be helpful.
- While it’s always tempting to travel, there are plenty of places nearby for great shopping and holiday getaways. Look close to home for holiday cheer.
- If you are looking to travel, shorter, 48-hour trips are your best bargain bets.
- Whether it’s booking travel plans or hitting the stores, be sure to get there early and ahead of the rush.
- Volunteering or sharing your travel costs with friends can help make your trip more affordable as well as more enjoyable.