Victorian Holiday Gems
There are many good reasons to choose a Victorian holiday. Victoria is a favourite destination of international and domestic visitors and it is a state that is as beautiful as it is diverse and charming.
Gems of Victoria: Melbourne tours, Great Ocean Road tours… the list goes on
When in Victoria, visitors have an extensive choice of tours that enable them to see some of the gems — the best features of the state. No visit to Victoria is complete without spending time in its ‘crown jewel’ or capital city, Melbourne, and a Melbourne tour is by far the best way to gain insight and learn fascinating information about this historic, culturally rich and dynamic global city.
Similarly, visitors can choose from an extensive range of worthwhile tours, including Great Ocean Road tours and Yarra Valley tours that take you beyond the city and showcase some of Victoria’s most amazing natural features.
So, what are some of the best ways to make the most of your Victorian holiday and explore the best assets of the state?
Explore and experience Melbourne:
Spend time in Melbourne and you will almost certainly be charmed and excited by this incredible city and its labyrinth of laneways, fabulous coffee and electric atmosphere.
- Food and wine: Melbourne is home to a wonderful array of restaurants, cafes, bars and pubs that showcase the multicultural nature of the city and Australian food and wine at its best.
- Entertainment: In Melbourne you will discover amazing, sophisticated, funky and even grungy, cool bars and clubs, live music venues, old style pubs and a huge range of comedy, cabaret and jazz venues.
- Shopping: Melbourne is the fashion and shopping capital of Australia. It is a wonderful shopping destination, no matter what your budget, tastes or preferences.
- Art and culture: Get your fix of culture by visiting the city’s world-class arts and cultural heritage museums, galleries and other institutions and experience the great range of community events on offer.
- Sports: In Melbourne, world-class sporting events are on offer throughout the year. The Spring Racing Carnival, the Australian Open, the AFL football season and a Formula 1 Grand Prix are just some of the sporting events that draw big crowds and a great atmosphere.
Explore and experience Victoria:
Outside of Melbourne, there are many fascinating and wonderful things to see, do and experience in Victoria. Some of the state’s best locations are:
- Yarra and Dandenong Ranges: The Yarra Valley is famous for wine and is a truly beautiful and relaxing place to visit. The Dandenong Ranges, with their stunning scenery, gardens and character-filled towns is also a great place to visit and ideal for a day trip.
- Grampians: Enjoy the fresh and pure air of the Grampians area and enjoy the panoramic views and spectacular landscapes. The Grampians are also a wonderful place to learn Aboriginal stories through rock art.
- Gippsland: In the Gippsland Region, you have the opportunity to draw inspiration and tranquillity from the area’s calm beaches, lakes and peaks and combine your time with visits to busy but beautiful waterfront villages.
- Phillip Island: Take a Phillip Island tour or day trip to experience the charm of this beautiful location, an easy journey from Melbourne, where the incredible spectacle of fairy penguins journeying from the water to find their nests on the island each night is not to be missed.
Whether you come to Victoria seeking an indulgent, fun, active, peaceful or decadent holiday, you will not be disappointed. Victoria is a state of great variety and diversity, and there are many ways to make the most of your time and explore its gems.